Who Else Is Excited?! (fallout76)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zaythar, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Zaythar

Zaythar Journeyman

Oh man.

So let me preface this by saying I play to have fun and I look at new games without getting hung up on a studios previous titles (or at least try to). Everyone has strong opinions on the new features being put into this particular installment, so I welcome the insights! (Still gonna play though no matter what)

So first, the multiplayer aspect. I absolutely am stoked for it. I've always wanted it, searched for mods, read blogs in hopes of seeing some mention of it, etc. Should they get it right, I forsee many hours dumped into just exploring with a team.

Second, base building. I hated it in FO4 at first, as it seemed like a waste of time. Then I started using Nexus Mod Manager and geez, I would spend hours using immersion mods to build markets, fully furnished homes, fortresses, anything I could think of. Really just lose myself in it. Now we can build anywhere?! And with friends?? Oh yeah, I can't wait.

No NPCs does bother me a little though. I liked the interactions and stories. It only helped me appreciate the series more. NPCs just really helped flesh out the game. It's gonna suck to see them go this time around.

Gassy the Goblin likes this.
  2. Elegost

Elegost Artisan

Watching Bethesda E3 live is amazing, but this E3 was probably the most amazing one since Skyrim was announced.
    Todd Howard enjoying feeding the memes, then showing off what is the final stand of the Creation Engine, Fallout 76.
    Skyrim is Creation Engine 1.0, a vastly improved Gamebryo Engine developed in-house by Bethesda Game Studios.
    Fallout 4 is Creation Engine 2.0. Fallout 76 is Creation Engine 3.0, which is an optimized Creation Engine 2.0, retrofitted for multiplayer.

Fallout 76 appears to be heavily recycled from Fallout 4, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is bad. It is 4X bigger in map size at least.
    There will be NPCs in Fallout 76, I recall it being said that you will have a hard time figuring out if the gunshots are from players or NPCs.
    The idea of around two dozen players roaming a gigantic dynamic map full of dangers and zero console commands intrigues me a lot.
    I always play Power Armor builds with full focus on crafting and repairing things before focusing on combat skills and other things.
    I'd be the technician/repairman of the group, since ALL items now have durability again, which adds a much needed survival element.

I must admit though, I'm glad the last Creation Engine game is a recycled Fallout game, rather than the much-awaited Starfield like I feared.
    Starfield will pilot Bethesda's new next-gen engine, showing off their new capabilities. Then Elder Scrolls VI will push it to the very limits.

3. Zaythar

Zaythar Journeyman

Are you sure there will be NPCs? I specifically remember him saying there won't be any as everyone else will now be a player. His reasoning was he didn't want us hearing gunshots then trying to decide if that was another player or an NPC.

4. Elegost

Elegost Artisan

Well, I wasn't meaning Human NPCs, but I usually count anything that is holding a weapon to be an NPC. Super-Mutants for example.
    I may have gotten the gunshot thing confused. Everything else I said was true though.

5. Zaythar

Zaythar Journeyman

Maybe I should have specified quest-giving NPCs haha. Still though, I didn't even think of super mutants.
    What do you think about the nuclear Missle mechanic?

6. Elegost

Elegost Artisan

That is going to be Cold War Simulator right there. Even Todd Howard is wondering what players will do with that kind of power.
    I think it is pretty interesting that wherever you strike will become a irradiated high-level zone. Just hope the spot hit isn't your base....

7. Zaythar

Zaythar Journeyman

That's another question. Is my base gonna be there everyday? Like, if I log off then come back and I connect to a server and someone has built there, is my stuff gonna be gone?

8. Elegost

Elegost Artisan

The world is pretty much as persistent as it is in Fallout 4. Not sure how they will handle people hopping servers and taking their stuff with them.
    I feel they probably have all of this handled already though. The game is having a Beta for bug fixing soon, before it releases in November.

9. Zaythar

Zaythar Journeyman

Yep. I'll be dumping my time into it when that happens. Can't wait.

10. Zach Gilbert

Zach Gilbert Artisan

I would drop a nuke on both of you.

11. Zaythar

Zaythar Journeyman

I'll catch with my mouth.

12. Gassy the Goblin

Gassy the Goblin Master

Luv it! Phrasing[​IMG] !

Zach [​IMG] ! I'd animate that :D ! And nice looking flag [​IMG]!

"I'll catch with my butt [​IMG] ! ...wait, no... no, [​IMG]"

---

[​IMG]