1. Welcome to the Trials of Ascension: Exile forums. Due to spam and troll issues all first time posts are moderated so if your post does not show up immediately, this is normal. Please allow some time for your post to be verified to determine that it is not spam, possibly up to 24 hours. If your post has not shown up after 24 hours please send a personal message to our Community Manager, Elyssia.

Where Do We Want A Full Time Server? (i'm Buying.)

Discussion in 'Looking For Players' started by Daggre, Sep 2, 2018.

Server Location

Poll closed Sep 9, 2018.
  1. New York

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Chicago

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Dallas

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Atlanta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Los Angeles

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  6. Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Seattle

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  8. Silicon Valley

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  9. Amsterdam

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  10. Paris

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  11. Frankfurt

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  12. London

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  13. Tokyo

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  14. Singapore

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  15. Sydney

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Daggre

Daggre Artisan

I'm going to set up a headless full time server instance, and I'd like to know where you think we should locate it. Pick 3. I'm hoping to get responses quickly! We will vote on settings later.

2. Methos

Methos Artisan

lag getting to you?

3. Daggre

Daggre Artisan

The lag on Brightwater is annoying as hell.

4. Xalbenth

Xalbenth Journeyman

brightwater has the best ping for most of us. that stagger, or lag that happens once every so often isn't so much ping as just the game itself. the devs have already acknowledged it and its being worked on

Daggre likes this.
  5. Fermont

Fermont Artisan

Amsterdam wining!!! nice nice bring a server to europe plz

6. Yagerau

Yagerau Journeyman

ASIA NEEDS YOU

7. Fermont

Fermont Artisan

I hope i get a nice ping at this server, im thinking on making my human here

8. Fermont

Fermont Artisan

any news on this server? im thinking of opening mine in spain so that people in europe get a nice ping

9. Vahrokh

Vahrokh Artisan

There's currently a list of servers, where the most populated has 3 (three) people online. Do we actually need to add another?

10. Simaris

Simaris Apprentice

Actually, i made a server on my private PC and ppl keep coming there bc it has playable ping for ppl from europe.
    I try to run the server on my second PC who can run as server since its not used by anything else, but even though others can connect i am unable to. So right now i keep the server on my gaming PC online to meet the demand of an EUW server.

So if you ask if you need another server in USA: No
    But for other regions where the ping of USA servers is not enjoyable, they definitely need at least one PVP/PVE and Racial server to have an actual choice of a enjoyable connection server with their preferred playstyle.

11. Daggre

Daggre Artisan

Because instead of having only one server with several bridges located across the globe, we have to have servers in other areas so it's playable by those outside of the West Coast USA.

12. Vahrokh

Vahrokh Artisan

I live in Europe and play on FC1 and Brightwater just fine.

To me "playable" means: "decent performance and you actually find somebody online to do stuff with". Most of the day, there are several servers stuck at 0 players (FC1 and BW included, until USA day/evening time).

So, yeah, I'd love to play with 30ms ping, but I've already juveniles on an EU server nobody plays and on FC1 and BW where - if I am lucky - I can play with 2-3 other guys for 1 hour in a day.

13. Simaris

Simaris Apprentice

well, its really depends, i had connection issues with US servers and not rly a good game experience, so i think experiences vary.
    I didn't see any EU servers online, thats why i just made a new one. Ofc not more players then any other server richt now just bc the sheer abundance of players in general, but i play there actively, my brother sometimes and another guy who joined 2 days ago.

Maybe its true we dont need more then 1 server in each mayjor region right now, but i think if someone has the same bad experiences like me with servers from oversea it gets frustrating, and all i actually want is that this is not a reason for anyone to drop this game and maybe give bad reviews.

14. Fermont

Fermont Artisan

my ping is 180 on ths servers and 50 on european servers so yes plz i would like a server here, and yes i do play fine but some times i get a bit laggy

so i would say yes to an european server

15. Simaris

Simaris Apprentice

Well for a EU server, u can try mine.

I opened one after i had trouble with 200-400 ping experiences and i plan to keep it open.

16. Yagerau

Yagerau Journeyman

I'll pipe in and say that none of the current servers have had any less than 130 ping for me, from Tokyo, and the FC1 server is always best ping.
    Brightwater ~350
    Adine 282
    FC1 130 but usually 146-160. I get a warning every time i log in about ping

17. Simaris

Simaris Apprentice

I guess FC 1 is on a server optimized location which Adine is currently not yet. But once linux server are supported with ToA, this will change.
    Till then Adine is for EU players who got too high ping on FC or other Servers from oversea. Since its stable and mostly lag free i keep it online till then anyway, even if the ping is not close to perfect.

FC 1 has a ping over 300 for me. Tho my route to FC may be longer then your route to FC anyway or your oversea connection is straight better.

Elyssia likes this.
  18. Fermont

Fermont Artisan

Im loving my 50 ping on adine guys keep it up plz

Elyssia likes this.
  19. Simaris

Simaris Apprentice

Your welcome, check out the server description to get more Info and access to our Discord with even more infos, events and services.