What A Long Time It's Been

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussion & Feedback' started by Bruxail, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Evangela

Evangela Artisan

2. Fornax

Fornax Master

Hey. Super long time since I’ve been here. Gods, I can’t believe I got an email this weekend from you guys.

Not excited nor hopeful. Surprise.

Sorry, cynicism simply seems healthier than hope.

——

September of 2002. That’s my first log-in to what has always been a forum of mostly great people and fun sharing of ideas about what could be.

That’s how long this idea has strung people along, from where I am sitting. I’m curious, I guess, as to what this new rap on my screen door is all about.

So I got an email this weekend saying I should have a private message, but no such message exists. (Not really surprised?)

No pm. Unless you’re talking about something in your client. I haven’t been in there since 2014. Pre exile, I guess.

Reply with a link here, or send an actual pm...or an email with the actual info?

Peace.

Gassy the Goblin likes this.
  3. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

Good to see you around again Fornax! A nice dash of cynicism is always helpful in any situation; it helps to keep your feet on the ground no matter how high your dreams fly. I'm still hopeful that the team will be able to work on an MMO in the future, but the reality is that we are nearly three years into Trials of Acension: Exile's development and we are preparing in earnest to bring in additional testers for larger scale testing. I will be talking more about it in this week's Dev Blog. I do hope that you will read it and keep up with our progress.

4. Iauquai

Iauquai Master

Welcome back to the Forums, Fornax :)

5. Ildefonse

Ildefonse Master

But still no Mac version :(

Which is quite surprising to be honest, lately I find more apps that are available for Mac and not for Windows than vice versa. Oh how the tables have turned in this last decade.

Gassy the Goblin and Elyssia like this.
  6. Iauquai

Iauquai Master

Unity allows developers to build Mac builds, an alternate is to use a app on Mac to run windows apps in a virtual machine.

7. Falcon

Falcon Artisan

Almost at 5 years myself. I stopped following the game after the kickstarter, but I still held onto hope. Just popped back in to see the progress, and I'm happy to see that the old fans that were here around my time are still here, and that the game has been making lots of forward progress.

Glad to see you all again!

8. AzureBook

AzureBook Journeyman

Was Looking through the Trophies today and was thinking those were for the future, I have only been here for around 4 months. I just kinda assumed that this game had only been here for a year at most.
    Looking at how long the game has been developing makes me hopeful of how good this game is going to be!
    I understand the wait though, I bought cube world back in 2013 and am still waiting for an update on that, at least the Devs here give us an idea of where they are!

Gassy the Goblin, Iauquai and Brax like this.
  9. Effreem

Effreem Artisan

Lots of familiar names from about 10 years ago! :)

Gassy the Goblin and Elyssia like this.
  10. Sir-Clockwork

Sir-Clockwork Artisan

Oh man... I was just trying to remember how I found this game and then I read your post... I came in on the Peeve wave too! It certainly has been a long time though. I might have been a year behind @Bruxail but I feel like it's been forever. Can't wait to have this game up so we can enjoy the fruits of labor and patience. That and the best part is that many of our names will be remembered not as the Emperor but as his first astartes, the Thunder Warriors! We may not lead the troops but we the first-comers are the ones who light the dark for those yet to come... ALLTHOUGH there was that whole thing about the Thunder Warriors being killed off and expunged from the records... Hmm... Plz no Chaos? Either way, I'm proud to be part of the crowd who funded this beauty. Long live Trials! Long live Chaos!

11. Niave Aine

Niave Aine Veteran

So this is the "uh.. look at all the raknarwebs in my inbox" thread?

If so, this Pixie is here! I think... if there are still Pixies? I guess I'm going to have a lot of catching up to do.

I remember originally following this when it was still called something else, but I don't remember exactly what. Man that was a long time ago, back when Star Wars was Galaxies and WoW was vanilla.

I'm glad it's progressed. I'm glad to see Elyssia part of the team, as I do remember when she gained that position. It's nice to see those same individuals still around. Maybe this is the world I can bring my wife to so she won't be annoyed when I play games.

But here's the inevitable question...where's our Trials of Ascension: Battle Royale mode? ;)

- N

12. Iauquai

Iauquai Master

Unfortunately all the Pixies were devoured by hungry Dragon hatchlings. Sorry... But seriously, they didn't make the cut when the project was scaled back from an MMO to a Survival game. The long term goal, assuming the team can raise funds with ToA: Exile, is to develop this seed project into the full MMO we all dreamed of in the past. For now we are facing a game with Humans, Dragons, and Raknar. There will be some things missing, but not everything, so check up on things here on the website and you will get all caught up :)

Oh, and Welcome back to the ToA Community, Naive :)

13. Niave Aine

Niave Aine Veteran

Thanks! But it's Niave. ;)

- N(i)

14. Mata

Mata Artisan

Im extremely new here compared to everyone else, but already I've become very invested emotionally in this game and watching it's development. I'm actually grateful that I stumbled upon it, and got the opportunity to see both the progress and community grow.

15. Android

Android Veteran

I wouldn't expect much. This is the first time I've been on this community in years and as I expected, nothing has changed. This game is never going to be made because the devs are either super committed scammers or idiots who don't know how to design a game.

16. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

Or option #3: We are super committed indie developers who are making a host-your-own fantasy survival game! :D Have you read through our dev blogs? We have made a great deal of progress in three years and we are now in alpha testing. :) We are definitely making a game and I hope that you will continue to follow our progress.

17. Iauquai

Iauquai Master

You would be invited to testing since you are a early backer so you can see the proof that ToA: Exile is not a scam.

18. NutMeg

NutMeg Veteran

*glove slap* How dare you spread this TOMFOOLERY!!! I would not shampoo a wild boar with this jug of HOGWASH!!! #pixies4life

19. AzureBook

AzureBook Journeyman

A dragon's gotta eat what a Dragon's gotta eat, Its better the pixies than me becoming Dragon pie.
    why does everyone want a slice of Dragon pie....

Gassy the Goblin and NutMeg like this.
  20. Fiernaq

Fiernaq Artisan

I like getting the occasional update from ToA even if I don't stop by very often. Glad to see ya'll are still at it and cranking out updates! What's impressed me the most about this dev group is that they learned from their early mistakes and have adjusted the scale to something they can actually achieve by themselves. While it would be nice if they could find investors willing to support them without changing everything so that they could go full time and hire additional staff I do think that this smaller idea of a self hosted multiplayer sandbox game is worth pursuing. I look forward to continued little updates as you make progress as you have time to do so. Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this project!