1. Welcome to the Trials of Ascension: Exile forums. Due to spam and troll issues all first time posts are moderated so if your post does not show up immediately, this is normal. Please allow some time for your post to be verified to determine that it is not spam, possibly up to 24 hours. If your post has not shown up after 24 hours please send a personal message to our Community Manager, Elyssia.

Some General Questions About Gameplay

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Simaris, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Simaris

Simaris Apprentice

Since im not sure if some of these things are bugs, i am messing up or are just not implemented i just tra to ask here:

I read i can glide down cliffs as a young dragon, but doing so damages or even kills me on landing. Intended?

I can't train wing strength as juv. Dragon.

Again i have read you can use a full built nest as respawn. I never was able to use one of my completed nests as respawn point. Neither my Hatchlings or younglings Dragons nest. What im missing?
    Nevertheless i start to know the map good enough its not an issue for me anymore but still wondering.

I dont really get how to build webs as raknar straight up etc. to form a wall or something. Not that it is actually needed to hunt. I have the feeling Raknar should be designed to rely on their webs, this would imo make raknar more challenging and fun. But currently running down and exhaust fleeing prey does it perfectly, which is nice and easy but boring in the long run.

2. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Regarding flight, yes, you can fly as a young (not hatchling), but you lose stamina fast. Landing takes practice.

There is a bug with the flight ability progression right now.

I thought using a nest as a respawn point works right now, but I haven't tested it recently so I can't say for sure. If you've found it's not working, that should be a bug report. :)

Raknar webbing is mostly used for getting up the sides of peoples' structures right now, I think. You can't build them straight up without something to attach them to, but you can go up a tree or a wall with them. If you web up a tree and the tree dies and despawns, you will end up with a web tower into the air, so you may have seen something like that. I think the devs found that raknar webs cause some server slow down issues and they were brainstorming ideas to fix the issue, but I don't think any definite plans have been made yet.

3. Xalbenth

Xalbenth Journeyman

also you can only respawn at a nest that's your size. lets say you built a youngling nest and molted to juvi. you can no longer respawn at that youngling nest as you have outgrown it. in the future (sometime in the next patch or the one after that so soon) you wont have to keep rebuilding nests but instead be able to upgrade your 1 nest

4. Simaris

Simaris Apprentice

are there currently 2 or 3 nest types? i got the big nest i used to molt to juvi. so this is not able to use as respawn anymore then?

What effects the perks actually have at the moment on every race?
    I cant see any major or even noticable difference or even some usefulness to them.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  5. Methos

Methos Artisan

There are currently three (3) nests that you will have to build as a dragon.
    (1) "Hatchy" makes a nest to use as a respawn point and to molt into a "Young" dragon.
    (2) "Young" makes a nest to use as a respawn point and to molt into a "Juvi" dragon.
    (3) "Juvi" makes a nest to use as a respawn point and for later molting into the next stage dragon which is still in the works.