So How About The Thought Police?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sir-Clockwork, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Sir-Clockwork

Sir-Clockwork Artisan

So what are everyone's opinions on the current political state of the UK, including the detaining of Brittany Pettiborne and Martin Sellner for their political beliefs and the jailing of Count Dankula for teaching his pug to do a Nazi salute as a joke (among many other things.)

Dustweaver likes this.
  2. Elegost

Elegost Artisan

I generally do not voice political opinions online for various reasons, but I will say this - Your reference of 1984 is appropriate.
    As a right-winger politically, I say it is concerning, and more evidence that freedom and liberty are under attack all over the world.

Now that I have said this, I will wait for the hit-man. :D

3. Sir-Clockwork

Sir-Clockwork Artisan

@Elegost don't worry, the SS will be coming for you soon! But I definitely agree with you that things are getting a bit ridiculous. Everyone wants to dump on the USA but... Thank Cthulhu for the USA!

Iauquai likes this.
  4. Kaoshae

Kaoshae Veteran

In short, the political climate and overreach these days is disgusting.

Sir-Clockwork likes this.
  5. Iauquai

Iauquai Master

We have seen it all before here in North America, it led to something we call Mcarthyism (sp?) It is a overreactive position taken on by both state and part of it's population where they become somewhat paranoid about potential threats and see threat where non exists. This will get more stupid for a while then they will realize they have made fools of themselves and they will retreat back to some sense of normalcy. But of course, some people's rights will be abused and our detractors will be able to point this out to us when they don't want to cooperate with us.

6. Melgarh

Melgarh Artisan

PC state of UK is close to what my country (CZ) used to be during heavy Communist era. Voiced bad opinion? Your kids are off university and you loose a job. Not allowing your kids to become multicultural? Again - no education for them then!

Shame the Western people that so desperately desire the Marxist ideology were not alive 50 years ago and living in my country. They would have gotten it first hand.

Kaoshae likes this.
  7. Kaoshae

Kaoshae Veteran

The Czech Republic (and everyone else) just wasn't doing communism right. We'll totally do it right this time and usher in the utopia. Nothing could possibly go wrong!

Melgarh likes this.