1. Welcome to the Trials of Ascension: Exile forums. Due to spam and troll issues all first time posts are moderated so if your post does not show up immediately, this is normal. Please allow some time for your post to be verified to determine that it is not spam, possibly up to 24 hours. If your post has not shown up after 24 hours please send a personal message to our Community Manager, Elyssia.

Skills & Failure Rates

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussion & Feedback' started by Methos, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Methos

Methos Artisan

Currently gathering skills allow you to put points into gathering speed. getting extra items, less tool wear.
    But nothing to reduce failure to gather.
    Also the crafting skills allow you to allocate points to minimize station damage ,tool damage & reduce crafting time, but do nothing to reduce the failure rate when making an item.

I would love to see "Reduce Failures" added to the options for adding points to.
    I'm not expecting to get 100% success rate in gathering or for difficult to craft items, but there should not be as many failures on low skill gathering or crafting.

Dustweaver, Da Capin and zlajo like this.
  2. Methos

Methos Artisan

For "Clay" items that require "Low " or "Very Low" skill to produce such as wet/dry clay mug there should be a 95% chance to get the clay back from a failure, "In RL it is a 100% return as you can simply wet the clay and reuse it, there is no loss".. Now if the Kiln was working and you fired it then you would have loss as once fired the clay is not reusable.

[​IMG]

Da Capin likes this.
  3. BazrakeArchdemon

BazrakeArchdemon Veteran

And like in forges and Other making stuff instead of damaging the Structure have it Damage the Health of the character

4. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

We'll be revisiting the balance of effort vs result for crafting very soon. Please keep the feedback coming!

5. Da Capin

Da Capin Artisan

oh please do, cause I spent ages getting over 300 clay mugs just to try get built upto a forge and still didn't manage, I got part of 1 tool and the hammer built due to repeated failures at making metal pipes. I love the challenge but it does need tweaked a bit, maybe even lower the resources needed to get some basic stuff, or at very least get clay mugs re-usable haha

6. Methos

Methos Artisan

On this current reset of the server I have had two failures in a row to create a trowel . So now I have to make even more bloomery's to try again.
    And at 80 clay just to build one bloomery if you have no failures creating the clay mugs and bricks, it is getting very time consuming.
    This is seven bloomery's and still counting.
    Really need a skill for less failures especially for something that says it is low difficulty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  7. BazrakeArchdemon

BazrakeArchdemon Veteran

this is why having admin powers to test these features would be good to have.. numbers etc.. hidden stats only hurt things..

8. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Are you failing because the bloomery is breaking? I remember the typical in game bloomery usually broke on the second use and ruined whatever you were working on...

9. Methos

Methos Artisan

Oh I never have failure due to bloomery breakage..
    The screen shots show them all lined up.. because they only have two uses on them..
    It is always the third usage that they break.. Learned that the hard way in early testing..
    My failures are pure RNG based...As there is no skill to reduce failures...

10. Methos

Methos Artisan

OH almost forgot...

*CAUTION**

**DO Not use any of the seven Bloomery's on FC 1 at peanut lake *

*They all have two use's on them and a third will break them and cause instant failure to craft

*You have ben warned...

lol

BowenTheKotoc likes this.