1. Welcome to the Trials of Ascension: Exile forums. Due to spam and troll issues all first time posts are moderated so if your post does not show up immediately, this is normal. Please allow some time for your post to be verified to determine that it is not spam, possibly up to 24 hours. If your post has not shown up after 24 hours please send a personal message to our Community Manager, Elyssia.

Really Glad After Backing So Much I'm Allowed To Play The Game. Oh Wait

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussion & Feedback' started by Loli Prophet, Sep 11, 2018.

Why did I spend my Pell Grant on a mmo that's never gonna get released

1. I'm really stupid

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. I'm reaaaaally stupid

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Simaris

Simaris Journeyman

I understand now that u rather pick my posts about literal errors then discussing objectively.

2. Fenguz

Fenguz Apprentice

Shit, you almost made me spill my drink now, I wasn’t prepared for such sweet irony.

You telling me that, by quoting 4 words out of my 130 word post, when you have been constantly ignoring my points, just to focus on that thing that I supposedly don’t know how it works, even though I purposely used the term under quotation marks to express that not only was I the one who originally described them as such, but that I also don’t agree that “volunteers” is the proper term considering that at least some of them were promised part of the profits (nothing wrong with that!), I mean, I’m no business man, but I believe that makes them partners in a joint venture, not volunteers, but hey, who am I to tell, plus out of everything that that is being discussed in the thread, I believe that to be probably the least important, no point on dwelling on it to much, or ignoring the important shit for it.

...though you might be into something, I’m start to feel like ignoring your posts instead of attempting to discuss them in any sort of way would have been for best, because this clearly isn’t going anywhere, I'll make sure to keep that in mind.

3. Yagerau

Yagerau Journeyman

I don't know about everyone else, but I needed a little forum drama. This feels like a proper game now! If we had more players we could be on page 20 by now, but hopefully we can get out of early access and this will pick up like minecraft

Vahrokh likes this.
  4. Fenguz

Fenguz Apprentice

Pricing it like Minecraft would be a start, although, honestly, I don't even that would make a difference at this point.

I would have personally opted for some sort of "open beta" during a couple of months before throwing it to an early access mode.

5. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

Let's keep the discussion respectful please. I am seeing different posters who aren't keeping to the word and/or spirit of rule #1 of the Community Guidelines.

6. Fenguz

Fenguz Apprentice

To be fair rule #1 is awful, you should fire whoever wrote it.

It’s extremely vague, and knowing you are willing to infract/ban people over its pretty troublesome.

It also kind of explains why most of the activity around the boards are bots advertising junk.

If you are going after everyone that sounds “hostile” to you in an online forum, based of a PvP video game, you better start praying that the 4.2 remains a 4.2 otherwise you might have to find yourself some sort of infraction machine gun. Just chill, it's not like anyone is flaming anyone over their opinions around here, you can't seriously hope that every discussion around here ends up with everyone patting each other every time, it's not a daycare.

7. BazrakeArchdemon

BazrakeArchdemon Veteran

You do have a point here... As much as I dislike argurements of the like your statement holds so much water already... The correct thing FC should have done is give the game out for free to those that have tested or have the price lowered to like 4.99 for EA as I stopped playing as im extremely dissapointed in exile..

8. Methos

Methos Artisan

There are some good points here and yea I have to agree that saying "Hey pay me $ 25.00 to test my game" does sound bad.. lol
    But then no one held a gun to your head and made you send the money.

If you send me $500.00 "I will make this game great" lmao

9. Fenguz

Fenguz Apprentice

Being forced to buy the game has never been the point…

This is the point: https://steamcharts.com/app/893870

See the part that says “Avg. Players”? Yeah, it’s bad, and surprisingly it keeps getting worse.

Also, curious that you find it funny sending them 500$ to make this game “great”, since I could swear that some people around here have sent them way more than that already.

You dislike my arguments, or the way I lay them off? Because those are two different things.

10. Methos

Methos Artisan

@Fenguz ,
    I think that the only reason there were a large number of "players" on at the start was that it was mainly "testers" and we had just switched to Steam from direct DL.
    The majority were testing to see how Steam worked with the game.
    With that testing having been done the majority of testers are messing round with whatever they want while waiting for the next big release / patch.
    The number of actual "Player-testers" is much smaller than the number of "Testers"..

11. BazrakeArchdemon

BazrakeArchdemon Veteran

Your in the discord channel you can tell How low the active players are..

12. Kempest

Kempest Artisan

so no active players anymore?

13. BazrakeArchdemon

BazrakeArchdemon Veteran

im active im also Spreading the game around..

14. Methos

Methos Artisan

Still playing..

[​IMG]