Dev Blog #81

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Elyssia, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

2. Skjal

Skjal Apprentice

Great to see all the questions recapped and the answers written out. I'm sure I can speak for most of us when I say we appreciate all the info we can get! Thanks, looking forward to the next dev blog.

3. zlajo

zlajo Veteran

Nice info. Gassy is back XD

Was thinking about the voice. It seems that Day-Z's voice chat implementation would really hit TOA's planned design. If you are in hearing distance, you can hear each other. If someone is annoying, a ignore button would be useful. Maybe something for the future.

4. Gassy the Goblin

Gassy the Goblin Master

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Goblin Horde Salute to you zlajo [​IMG] ! Hope all is well & all my best [​IMG] !

5. Dragon-Knight

Dragon-Knight Artisan

Uhm Hopefuly after we are surviving each hardship as a Hatchling and become someday a Adolescent dragon or juvenile Dragon we can Breath fire and we don't have to chew on ores to maintain our breath weapon that would be lame and kinda sad.....i mean Dragons can breath fire all the time always almost without any waiting time and such they should at least have a cooldown that would be nice really instead of for example telling your enemy "Hey wait i have to chew on this nugget first" like experience even when this sounds funny it is a painful procedure^^ even if we can use our other body based weapons i would love to see it logical and realistic as we saw it in Dungeons and Dragons or perhaps Dragons Dogma?

Gassy the Goblin likes this.
  6. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Well, according to A Flight of Dragons, it requires gems and limestone! XD

Gassy the Goblin and Elyssia like this.
  7. Dragon-Knight

Dragon-Knight Artisan

This Exactly is what i mean't and proves my worrys with "Wait let me chew on this" hahahahahaha litteraly is existing as a Video?! too

8. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

It’s a clip from a longer movie. It’s a pretty good one, I recommend it.

9. Loestri

Loestri CoFounder / Project Manager Staff Member

That video also proves another point. Not all dragons are alike. Some dragons are powerful and other whimsical. Some are large and some are small, some are bulky and move slowly while other are slim and long and move very quickly. The Exile dragon is the way we want it, very fragile and small in the beginning and very difficult to play successfully through all of the growth stages. The longer it survives them more powerful it becomes in the form of more attacks, more damage per attack, night vision, flight, etc. We don't apologize for the design of the breath weapon being what it is. We hope that you will enjoy playing the Exile dragon as it is designed because we are pretty sure it is not going to change.

10. Dragon-Knight

Dragon-Knight Artisan

We will understand this we just wished to have more Power control over our hard earned growth might such as Ancient or Adult Dragon stage having maybe more Fire breath? because it drains out incredibly quick i suppose but i am with hope and i really thank all of you from my heart for all the work you guys put down here I know how hard it can be to get such a thing working and i fully respect it the efforts you guys put into it i just were thinking about Rewarding options when someone reaches that Power Level one day because of persistance and effort and patience they all will put into some will give up of course but some other ones not therefore rewarding them with decent animations and stuff and Power

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  11. Smaug

Smaug Journeyman

I don't know how anyone can get the idea that a long grind means it's difficult. Playing dragons isn't difficult or challenging at all, it just requires a lot of free time.

And who knows, maybe you'll even find a player who is actually interested in playing your "dragons".

12. Danielle

Danielle Journeyman

They already have found players - many of us already are playing as dragons. I'm sorry you are so very, very strongly disappointed in the gameplay. But consistently claiming something that is blatantly untrue is not going to help you get traction.

13. Smaug

Smaug Journeyman

I'm actually very sure that you're not going to play dragons for long from what I noticed during the tester-chat. And nothing I stated was blatantly false.

And I am not after getting traction either. I just want to find more points where I can later say "I told you so".

btw did anyone manage to molt yet since the switch to the nugget system?

14. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

Yes! I believe it was Parthuin got there last week.

15. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Bea/@fogwip has also molted since the change to the nugget system. I'm about half way.

Elyssia likes this.