Dev Blog #78

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Elyssia, May 23, 2018.

1. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

2. Elegost

Elegost Artisan

I'm gonna cry if I can't roll-dodge in ToA....

Gassy the Goblin likes this.
  3. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Hmm, server commands... I think I'd like to be able to see a list of who is logged in, or how many, anyways, so I can get an idea of how popular my server is. A list of names would be most useful so I can also use it for banning, if necessary. The ability to spawn specific mobs and/or take over a specific mob and/or grant skills to a admin character for special events would be fun, but may be too open for abuse. Also maybe the ability to grant admin powers to another player so they can moderate the server if you're afk?

Gassy the Goblin and Elyssia like this.
  4. Iauquai

Iauquai Master

It would be ideal if the server would log the actions of every player so that a GM could look through these logs to investigate complaints made by players against other players. This would help to uncover harrassement without a GM having to be online when it was happening. If this is too much of a load then maybe it would be easier to setup logging for specified users to at least investigate ongoing situations.

It helps to have a command to turn a GM character invisible so they can observe without changing player behaviour. Unless the GM has a avatarless camera they can zip around the game world with.

It is good to have the ability to teleport to a specific character, or location.

It may be helpful to be able to restore life-counters to a character or even revive one from perma-death if it is determined they did not deserve to die due to some wrongful murder situation, like exploiting a game feature.

It also helps if a GM can look through a character's inventory and equipped items and check the status of each item.

It would also help of a GM can give or take items to/from a character to help GM's adjudicate situations.

I could also see where having a sort of graph of events over time could be helpful, a lot of player deaths or monster deaths in a short time might lead to discovering things that would be of interest to a GM.

It would be helpful if a GM could alter the Day-Night cycle or pause it, even darken or lighten a night or day scene to allow them greater flexibility to setup a roleplay event. (I think of this as a precursor to a religion system where this might be god-mode). Spawning or affecting weather could be useful here, along with the ability to alter resource, flora an fauna spawning within an area.

It can help if a GM is playing a character in their game world that they would have access to these GM commands and be able to interact with other players as a GM without revealing their Character identity.

I will post if/when I think of more.

5. Elegost

Elegost Artisan

Hmm. The beauty of this game is if someone is being overly disrespectful/harassing you can just kill him/her. It's the wild....island?

EDIT-

I should clarify what the above statement means. It means I don't really think moderators will need to intervene often since the game is so open and free. There won't be much law and order at the start either. Players should solve their own disputes.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Gassy the Goblin and AzureBook like this.
  6. AzureBook

AzureBook Journeyman

I love the freedom to kill players that annoy me.
    If they try to turn me into dragon pie.... Their town can become the oven!!!!
    Laws can't protect the jerks