Dev Blog #67

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Elyssia, Dec 7, 2017 at 5:32 AM.

1. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

2. TheHauntedTopHat

TheHauntedTopHat Artisan

Haven't kept up with y'all for a while, but it's good to see you're still... going ham on this game.

Elyssia likes this.
  3. Elegost

Elegost Artisan

Upon seeing the picture I thought it was cheese! Probably isn't though...

Elyssia likes this.
  4. Loestri

Loestri CoFounder / Project Manager Staff Member

You have to look closely directly under the picture and you will see that the images are of fat and tendons, which will be harvestable from the Sabertusk.

Elyssia likes this.
  5. Elegost

Elegost Artisan

Thanks for that. Should have seen it but nope I didn't.

Elyssia likes this.
  6. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Ooh, I like this update. Dragon nest details! Also the changes to the crafting UI sound good. Would it be possible to have an informational box pop up when you hover over a material so you can see a list of all the recipes your character knows that might use that material? That way it's a lot easier to tell if you can use all of that wood for fuel or if you need to save some of it for handles or something.

Speaking of "it's", the "It's" in the second sentence of the update s/b an "Its". :)

Elyssia likes this.
  7. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

ALL wood can be used for fuel or for handles.

8. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

Sure, but say I have 10 assorted logs in my inventory and I contracted for 5 handles and I also want to make a couple of walls but they don't have to be finished right away it would be nice to see when I'm building one of those walls, oh, that'll take 8 of these logs but I was planning to use some of them for those handles, too. That's a crude example. In can be hard to remember in the midst of crafting one thing, what else you can build with those same materials and if you need to save any of them. It might be easy at first when recipes are limited in number and scope, but as things progress...

9. Iauquai

Iauquai Veteran

I like the teasers in recent updates, it makes me wonder what we are getting for Christmas this year :)

10. curzman

curzman Veteran

wow those fat and tendons look really good. i didn't realise the crafting ingredients would look this good already. do you recon we'll see any clips of the animations at some point? it's nice to be able to see the animations :)

Bruxail likes this.
  11. Mata

Mata Journeyman

I'm new to the concept of having to build your nests from scratch, I thought as a dragon you'd just plop it down wherever. It's really cool to see dragons are actually going to be able to forage materials and whatnot. So dragons will have inventories for materials such as sticks/leaves/whatever you plan on making the nest recipe be, and they will be able to gather more at once the bigger they are (like how you said bigger dragons will need entire trees?)

Also very cool to see the fat/tendon models. It's very immersive to make it so that we feel as though we are not wasting our kills.

12. Smaug

Smaug Apprentice

I'll build my nests from the debris of the buildings that I'll crush.

BowenTheKotoc likes this.