Dev Blog #59

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Brax, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Brax

Brax CoFounder / Creative Director Staff Member

2. Elegost

Elegost Artisan

Thank you for so much info! Seriously, that was great. Anyway, it sounds like things are going quite well and early access might be real soon.
    When it hits Steam, I'll be one of the first to buy it.

CynderAngel and curzman like this.
  3. curzman

curzman Artisan

second that! (or do we get a copy free or just access to early testing for being previous donators?)

big up the archery animations! mans comming thru punchin holes in yo hoes hide armour haha

4. CynderAngel

CynderAngel Artisan

OH my gosh! This is fantastic! Great work so far you guys! So excited to see progress of the dragons honestly, you guys are so close in early access! Also thank you for allowing dragons to fly in their Jun-! Super excited , keep up the amazing work! =3

So super excited to buy this game, once it is on steam.

5. Holmes

Holmes Veteran

Lots of great info :)

Reading about Early Access and some of the postponed features, I admonish to take your time. Two games recently released in similar genre (Dark and Light and Citadel) and both had fairly negative early reception. I'm sure you are already keeping atop such things, but if you release too close to either then you risk comparison with an already-negative population.

6. Iauquai

Iauquai Veteran

Thanks for taking the over-time to keep us up to date on what's going on with your team, Brax!

7. Bruxail

Bruxail Master

Lots of great work going on, that is a lot of detail. Is leather tougher/better than rawhide or just looks better because of finish work?

8. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

Leather armor will be statistically superior to rawhide armor, though I will leave the details for fans to discover for themselves once they play. That being said, it will also be much harder to make, since Rawhide armor is made with raw hides, while leather armor constructed from tanned and worked hides.

BowenTheKotoc and Bruxail like this.
  9. CTheRain

CTheRain Veteran

So are we gonna be putting the hide on dry racks then into a tub with some bark to make leather?

10. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

I really can't think of anything to say other than "Ready for more testers yet?"

11. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

Actually, yes. :)

Dustweaver likes this.
  12. Mata

Mata Journeyman

So awesome to hear about all this progress! Can't wait until the game gets released for public testing. Still super curious about that secret feature haha.
    Glad to hear the raknars will get some of their own customization too! Will be waiting to hear more details on that