Cross Server Transfers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CTheRain, Apr 20, 2017.

1. CTheRain

CTheRain Veteran

I think you guys should implement cross server transfers between ToA servers. I'm enjoying it greatly on ARK and it feels very MMOish. You can invade other servers with your characters and control many servers. Transfer supplies between all servers.

2. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

We are definitely going to explore all options and research what features are successful in other games. However, the problem with that for ToA: Exile is that our server settings can vary drastically between servers, especially with some servers possibly having few life counters while others could be infinite. This opens up the possibility of a server allowing several dragons to reach adulthood without life counter restrictions, then transferring over to a limited LC server to destroy them.

3. CTheRain

CTheRain Veteran

You can limit transfers to your own official servers or make it an option for unofficial servers. In my experience admins on unofficial servers can flip the switch and you lose all your progress or they can be tyrants controlling how players can play the game or limit certain options. And I'm not all about being limited in my options.

4. Iauquai

Iauquai Veteran

I don't have to think too far to realize that Server Transfers are likely to disrupt the balance of a server. That mechanic would work fine on games that don't have life counters, but for a game like ToA it simply does not make sense.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Bruxail likes this.
  5. CTheRain

CTheRain Veteran

Well if you're a wanted criminal on one server you could transfer off to protect yourself. Or become a scourge on all the servers. I just like the option of ruling all the servers like I do in ARK. Spartans 4 life.

6. fogwip

fogwip Artisan

i mean personal experience on ark, server transfers are great- for the people who are running the show and can basically plow through servers, demolishing everything in their path. most of the time it's people transferring servers to get AWAY from tyrannical server alphas though, and a new, strong tribe can overbalance a previously peaceful server. it ends up making people quit or leave to non-transferrable servers and generally makes the game unpopular. besides, with that kind of coordinated effort, you could get like 20 full grown dragons transferring into a server all at once and razing the land before anyone had time to react, at least with a contained server you generally know what threats there are and where you stand against them. my vote's no on this, it makes the game less accessible and more daunting to casual players and gives griefers a free reign over not only their server, but an entire network of servers. if someone's intent on destroying their server, they should at least be punished by the boredom when there's nothing left to burn.

achilles2511, Loestri and Bruxail like this.