Creature Rebalances

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussion & Feedback' started by Toc the Younger, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Toc the Younger

Toc the Younger Apprentice

When everything finally has sounds (LOUDER sounds) and evasion becomes possible creatures need a few changes.

Keep in mind I don’t know exactly what attacks and runs from what.

First all animals need to use stamina while attacking like we do. They shouldn’t be able to sprint away while we can’t because we’re out of stam.

Second everything should become aggressive when in combat and out of stamina. nothing just walks away when being attacked and even rabbits can cause some serious damage.

Third while nothing should flee into the water, predators should follow you into the water. This would hopefully discourage fleeing into the water making hatchling and young life more challenging.

Bears can remain the king by their health needs to be massively nerfed. It shouldn’t be required to stand on a rock to kill them. They shouldn’t be soloable by humans but doable.
    That and they shouldn’t be the hyper aggressive killing machines they are now. They should mostly ignore hatchlings and prefer to leave unless provoked (you know, like real bears)

Eviciraptors need to be sped up. They should be able to catch hatchlings unless the hatchling has a pretty big head start.

Boars, why are they aggressive? They should be at least slowed down while keeping their damage and tankiness. They also shouldn’t go after anything larger than a hatchling. They’re omnivores, not carnivores (unless the sabertusk is carnivorous)

Rabbits. More of them.

Deer, same thing

Bullder aren’t aggressive but their health should be nerfed a bit so they’re killable without trolling the AI. They should also be very slow as they’re extremely powerful. The distance at which they continue to attack needs to be very short.

Snakes should attack hatchlings but attempt to hide/ posture from anything else, only attacking when it’s posturing is ignored. Snakes are shy, not monsters.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  2. Dragon-Knight

Dragon-Knight Artisan

Bears can remain the king by their health needs to be massively nerfed. It shouldn’t be required to stand on a rock to kill them. They shouldn’t be soloable by humans but doable.
    That and they shouldn’t be the hyper aggressive killing machines they are now. They should mostly ignore hatchlings and prefer to leave unless provoked (you know, like real bears)

I agree with you about the one with the Bear but you like other people litteraly want this Game become a Simulator instead of a Game a Real life Nature Simulator with a little fantasy oh god i really hope it doesn't happens

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  3. Vahrokh

Vahrokh Artisan

Fleeing into the water is a viable tactic in real life. Lizards can swim quite fast, not all predators should be able to catch them, especially those with feathers (water and feathers tend to not do well together, unless we talk about water birds, which come with their waterproof grease glands).

They tend to catch up, but usually miss because we run in grass and are a small target. They have more stamina than hatchlings too.

Never been attacked by one... Maybe I don't put my bum up their tusks enough.

Snakes are known to attack large prey, to the point some of them die because they swallowed a too large victim.

4. Toc the Younger

That might be so in real life but is that a game mechanic we want to encourage? Players can’t attack in water afaik so it’s a cheap move I feel.

Then they should have less stamina. They shouldn’t be able to both out run and out stam a hatchling.

Are you suggesting a needlfang is going to try to eat a young dragon, or a human? BIG snakes attack large prey, these snakes are not large enough to warrant going after humans or younglings as a prey item.

5. Toc the Younger

What I want is for this game to be BALANCED and FUN. A game where every mob is is stronger than you in every way is not balanced.

6. Vahrokh

Vahrokh Artisan

I find it's pretty realistic that a bear is stronger than what we have now. It gives incentivation to keep growing to adult dragon, to level up better weapons for humans and to get physical upgrades for Raknars. As of now we have half of the progress available, let's wait for the other half and I am sure you'll be able to kill bears.

7. Vahrokh

Vahrokh Artisan

As long as nobody can attack in water, maybe it's cheap but it's fair. Fair >> all in a PvP game.

I think the NPCs AI and behavior is not fully fleshed out. I totally believe they are going to add more ways to deal with animals than enduring enough to get into water. Else we'd really have a LAME game. Considering how awesome they made the juvenile flight model, I trust them to be capable enough to create a better gameplay vs NPCs.

Snakes cannot exactly use knives or take morsels. They tend to lack canine and front teeth, they have fangs to keep and hold prey while injecting poison. Now, sure the size is mismatched but those snakes are not just attacking hatchlings when the latter step on their body. They actively hunt and chase hatchlings hence hatchlings are their prey and hence they are somehow meant to swallow them.

That is, those snakes are wrong: either they should be larger and able to swallow an hatchling (which they actively hunt) or should not actively hunt hatchlings at all and only attack because provoked.

8. Methos

Methos Artisan

Like @Vahrokh said you are still growing and will improve.
    The NPC creatures will only get easier for you to kill as they do not gain skills or grow.

9. Vahrokh

Vahrokh Artisan

Actually, I think that past the 4th dragon stage (same for other species when they go "veteran") we'll need a new island with bigger and nastier animals. Else we'll have adult dragons etc. who incinerate the whole island with no challenge and no fun.

10. Methos

Methos Artisan

@Vahrokh As mentioned in another post if the island was 2 to 4 times bigger or every plant and animal could be made 1/2 to 1/4 its current size the Island would seem bigger.
    Then more things could be added ? perhaps ?

11. Vahrokh

Vahrokh Artisan

The island is a carefully designed 3D environment. You can't just scale stuff and have many Everests or lakes (instead of ponds) and so on. They may as well add new terrain, in the end it'd not take much less effort than rescaling everything and adapting caves, mountains and so on.

12. Methos

Methos Artisan

Which ever way is the easiest to do with the least problems so it takes more than 5 min to run across the island..lol

13. Toc the Younger

This is exactly my point

14. Toc the Younger

My issue isn’t that bears are strong. Like I said bears can be the strongest thing on the isle for all I care. But what they are is TOO strong.

A group of humans with spears should be able to kill a single bear. As they do irl.

I wish people would stop taking my post as OMG PLZ NERF GAME TOO HARD. That’s not what I’m saying.

15. Vahrokh

Vahrokh Artisan

Seen as a juvenile dragon, bears take more or less twice / thrice as much bites to die than a doe. Is this unrealistic?

16. Methos

Methos Artisan

I think the animals are just about right as far as how strong they are..
    With my server set at normal there are just not enough of them to support a large population much less one that has more than one Juv dragon.

17. Vahrokh

Vahrokh Artisan

Yes I tested on my server, set to "normal" on everything. Animals take a while to repop, on my server I have exterminated bears and evisceraptors and now it's 2 days I don't see one.

18. BazrakeArchdemon

BazrakeArchdemon Veteran

''Eviciraptors need to be sped up''

they are fine as they are lol

Dragon-Knight likes this.