1. Welcome to the Trials of Ascension: Exile forums. Due to spam and troll issues all first time posts are moderated so if your post does not show up immediately, this is normal. Please allow some time for your post to be verified to determine that it is not spam, possibly up to 24 hours. If your post has not shown up after 24 hours please send a personal message to our Community Manager, Elyssia.

Computer System Used To Create Game?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Methos, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Methos

Methos Artisan

Could not think of where to post this so here is good

I'm in the planning stages of a new (Over Kill) system for gaming and was curious as to what is being used to create ToA?

How many gigs does is the entire island and all assets occupy ?
    How many processor cores can the game put into use ?
    What will be the max video resolution supported ?

Fermont likes this.
  2. Fermont

Fermont Artisan

let me tell you that im at the same point that u but i think im waiting for cyber monday bro, the new grafic card and pross are out and i think we can get a rly nice discount on cyber monday if u can hold it that is lol

BTW i would love answers to this questions too

3. Elyssia

Elyssia Community Manager Staff Member

I'm very sorry on the delay to answer! We hosted all of our alpha testing, including the stress testing, on Brax's computer. His specs are:

CPU: Intel I7 7700 @3.60GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 8GB 2133 DDR4

HDD: SSD 2TB

4. Methos

Methos Artisan

Thanks for the responses..
    After the lightning strike cooked my old system I was able to salvaged 1 GPU and half of the ram, and cobbled that together with some other parts I had in use for other things.

CPU: i5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz (from my CNC milling machine)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (has a flicker at times it was the only one that did not get totaly fried)

Ram: 6GB

HDD: WD VelociRaptor 250 GB

For my new system I'm gathering parts for a top end workstation/gaming build.

CPU: i9-7980XE

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (x2) New units

RAM: 64GB likely will go the full 128GB

HDD: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe m.2 1TB set in RAID (x4) already have 2 of them on my desk.

Elyssia likes this.
  5. Kaoshae

Kaoshae Veteran

Just going to say... SLI doesn't have great support in most games, to the point that even some AAA games even run worse on SLI than if they were run on a single video card.

When you're already looking at getting the 1080Ti (which is already overkill for most tasks), you should ask yourself: what is the purpose of getting a second top-of-the-line GPU, and does it warrant adding another $1000 to your machine's price tag?

BowenTheKotoc likes this.
  6. Methos

Methos Artisan

Yea I guess i should just get the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti and be done with it.