1. Welcome to the Trials of Ascension: Exile forums. Due to spam and troll issues all first time posts are moderated so if your post does not show up immediately, this is normal. Please allow some time for your post to be verified to determine that it is not spam, possibly up to 24 hours. If your post has not shown up after 24 hours please send a personal message to our Community Manager, Elyssia.

0.11b [structures] Floor Disappeared

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Rurahk Silverhand, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Rurahk Silverhand

Rurahk Silverhand Artisan

I was working on a rustic house, I picked up a window from off the floor, and a section of the floor disappeared. It was not the same section of the floor that the window was on. It's not a graphic glitch because I can fall thru the floor. It also disappeared for Bowen.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: apparently, it's placing the window, not picking it up. It happened for Bowen when he placed the other window. The floor under his feet disappeared leaving him hovering.
    [​IMG]

2. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

In addition, I now receive a new error when approaching our settlement. Please see attached screenshot for the error:

floor error.jpg

3. Methos

Methos Artisan

Does the same thing happen if you place it while standing on the roof?
    What happens when you place them while standing on the ground? lol

I have not got this far with building..

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  4. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

We suspect this is something that would not normally happen with a rustic house, although I don't think we've built any other 2 story ones yet to test with, but Yevi accidentally left out his 2nd floor floor when creating the blueprint and had to do some database manipulation to add it back in. Further testing required.

5. Methos

Methos Artisan

lol he just had *raised ceilings..

BowenTheKotoc likes this.
  6. Talon-Thorn

Talon-Thorn Programmer Staff Member

I found the issue with the "animator" error message, which is not related to the floor disappearing, as far as I can tell.

Should I investigate further about the disappearing floor issue, or should I suspect that the problem is related to Yevi's editing of the database?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018 at 6:40 PM
  7. BowenTheKotoc

BowenTheKotoc Master

I would say the latter, unless we can replicate with a brand new, un-edited 2-story rustic house.